Posted: 29 May '12 by Niall and Kelly
Nominations for The Observer Food Monthly Awards 2012 are now open!
The annual awards celebrate the very best in British food and produce, from grassroots producers right up to the most renowned celebrity chefs.
Your votes will determine who appears on a shortlist from which the panel of judges – including Jay Rayner, Tom Kitchin, Nigel Slater, Angela Hartnett and Sat Bains – will decide the winners at the awards ceremony in October 2012.
This year’s categories are:
- Best restaurant (over £20 per head) supported by Nyetimber
- Best cheap eats (under £15 per head)
- Best Sunday lunch
- Best ethical restaurant
- Best place to drink
- Best cookbook supported by Harvey Jones
- Best independent local shop or online retailer
- Best food blog (in the UK) supported by Exclusive Hotels
- Food personality supported by Cuisinart
- Best Readers’ recipe supported by Lurpak
- Best Readers’ cocktail
To nominate your favourites visit www.observer.co.uk/foodawards. The deadline for entries is Friday 29 June 2012.
Everyone that votes will also have the chance to win one of several prizes, including a trip for two to the Cuisinart Resort & Spa in Anguilla, a gourmet break in Provence, and a luxury break at Mark Sargeant’s restaurant, Rocksalt in Folkestone.
Let’s see some of Northern Ireland’s best on that shortlist!
You can find out more about The Observer Food Monthly Awards 2012.
You can also read more about the prizes for voting here.