Posted: 14 November '11 by Niall and Kelly
Whyte & MacKay want people to discover their own spirit of adventure and explore their city to find a very special bottle of whisky.
Using the Repudo app on their smartphone, explorers will have to hunt through a couple of locations in their city, one of which will contain a bottle of the special edition MacKinlay rare highland malt whiskey, valued at £100.
Once the tags for each city go live at 10am on Monday mornings it’s a race to the prize – and it’s Belfast and Dublin’s turn today!
All the explorers have to do is:
- Download the Repudo App (available for iPhones, BlackBerry and Android devices)
- Turn it on
- Click Nearby to find the Repudos in the area
- Search through the Repudos to find the right one
The Repudos will be rolling out on a week by week basis on the following timetable:
- W/B Nov 14: Dublin, Belfast
- W/B Nov 21: Glasgow, Edinburgh
- W/B Nov 28: Cardiff, Leeds
- W/B Dec 5: Southampton, Manchester
- W/B Dec 12: London, Birmingham
Good luck to all of the intrepid explorers!
Mackinlay’s Rare Old Highland Malt is a re-creation of the original malt whisky shipped to Antarctica in 1907 by the explorer Ernest Shackleton to fortify his ‘Nimrod’ expedition, bottles of which have recently been discovered at Shackleton’s camp near the South Pole. You can read all about the journey and re-discovery on the Enduring Spirit website, and you’ll also see how the MacKinlay malt was re-created.
You’ll be able to see if the bottle in your city has been discovered by following updates on the Enduring Spirit Facebook page.