Posted: 17 August '12 by Niall and Kelly
The Summer wouldn’t be complete without The Hilden Beer & Music Festival!
Over the August Bank Holiday weekend (from the 24th-26th of August) you’ll be able to enjoy over 30 beers and ciders and more than 20 musical acts, covering everything from rock to blues to traditional music, at Ireland’s longest established open-air festival.
What you need to know
- What: The Hilden Beer & Music Festival 2012
- Where: Hilden Brewery, Grand Street, Hilden, Lisburn BT274TY
- When: Friday 24th August 2012 to Sunday 26th August 2012, from 12:00am
- How much: Friday £6, Saturday £12 (free before 4pm), Family Funday Sunday £6 (under 12s are free), Weekend Ticket £22
- Get the tickets: Contact 02892 663863 for phone bookings or call in at the Brewery
- Tasting Notes: Read the tasting notes for the Hilden Beer Festival here
- More information: Visit www.taproomhilden.com
As well as Hilden’s own Belfast Blonde, Cathedral Quarter, Twisted Hop and Headless Dog, you’ll also be able to try brews like Hopmonster (a strong hoppy ale from Osset Brewery), Brigantia (a golden ale from Allgates Brewery) or Metalman’s Chameleon Ginger (a light ale with a hint of ginger). Mac and Tempted will also be flying the flag for Armagh cider.
Non-liquid sustenance is also covered, with the Hilden kitchen serving a variety of tasty treats and Leggygowan Farm selling Adam Kelly’s cheeses at their stall.
Last – but by no means least – the musicians appearing at the festival include: The Lee Hedley Band, The Dead Presidents, Sons of Caliber, and Craobh Rua – with more acts to be announced.
It’s bound to be another sell-out event, so get your tickets early!
Find the Hilden Brewery
Lisburn BT27 4TY
You can also find Hilden Brewery on Google Maps.
Categories: Things to do